Further to the Scottish Government announcement that phase 1 of the lockdown restriction easing may begin next Fri 29th May and that this will include golf, I write to share the guidance which has been issued by Scottish Golf and to detail how Brora will implement this policy.
The Scottish Golf guidelines can be found here and I would ask you all to read them.
In addition Brora will have the following rules in place.
• Strictly no play before 08:00. This is to allow our greenstaff to prepare the course without interruption and in a safe working environment. This must be adhered to and will be enforced.
• Tee booking is mandatory. If you need any help with this please contact the office. Book Here or use the Elite Live App available on Google Play or the App Store
• Please do not arrive at the club more than 15 mins before your tee time.
• Practice putting greens are restricted to two persons at any one time and the practice nets may only be used by one person at a time.
• We are happy to allow 3 or 4 balls, but this must be in compliance with the requirement of no more than two households in the same group.
• To ensure physical distancing please use the course entrance directly from the main car park by the practice nets to get to the first tee. Please exit the course in the usual way over the pedestrian exit directly up to the clubhouse and then back to the car park.
• Club trolleys will not be available for use. Club buggies will be available to those with a medical certificate but the user must help to ensure that all surfaces are wiped down properly after use and before the buggy is put back in storage.
Please remember that the course has not had a full complement of greenstaff for some time and some aspects of presentation may be below our usual standards. Please bear with us until we have our full workforce.
Please also remember to observe physical distancing requirements at all times and not to touch the flagstick or any course furniture. Hand sanitiser will be provided outside the professional shop for your use when you have finished playing.
The locker rooms and trolley shed will available on Friday 29th May from 08:00 to 17:00 and Saturday 30th May 08:00 to 10:00 so you may remove your clubs or trolley from the premises. This will be managed to ensure physical distancing is maintained. Outside these times the locker rooms will remain closed and collection of clubs or trolleys may be arranged by appointment with the office.
Enjoy your golf and stay safe.